Sunday, May 4, 2008

Dad's Visit to Boston




Doesn't Dad look kinda like McEnroe from these views??


On Thursday I heard on the radio about the Champions Cup Tournament in Boston with Jim Courier, John McEnroe, and lots of other great names. I emailed my dad, the biggest tennis fan I know, and asked if he was interested. By Friday afternoon he'd bought plane tickets and I had bought tickets for the Saturday events in Boston. We got to see McEnroe beat Justin Gimelstob, Aaron Krickstein beat Pernfors, and then a fun doubles match of Courier and Mal Washington vs. Gimelstob and Ferrera. It was like watching the Globe Trotters tennis-style. They were really candid and fun, not to mention talented! This was a true treat for both my Dad and me. We were able to get some decent pictures and an autograph of Johnny Mac and Mal Washington!
Then, on Sunday we toured the North Shore of Boston--Gloucester, Newburyport, and Portsmouth, NH. What a great Father/Daughter weekend!

No comments: