Friday, January 9, 2009

Dog Owners!



We've been wanting to get a dog for a while now. So, last Saturday Jason and I went with my brother-in-law and nephews to the shelter to pick one out. We played with a lot of dogs, and on the way out, I saw this dog just begging us to take him. We decided to "foster" him for one week to make sure it could work out. After about 2 days, it was decided we just had to keep him. He has the sweetest countenance and licks us a LOT! So, the name game began on Wednesday. Jason and I had totally different ideas (go figure--ha). So, I asked my third graders the next day to write down their choices on a post-it. They were cute, but none fit. We'll after a few instances of showing just how timid and scared he gets, we decided on Radley. Yes, it does come from "Boo Radley" from To Kill a Mockingbird. We are hoping he will grow out of being so timid. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with us, it usually loud noises and cars. For example, he ran into a table and a vase fell and broke causing a loud crash. Radley ran and jumped behind the couch and would not come out for some time. He really has begun to show his full personality with being somewhat playful, but mostly a sweet, lap-dog. So, here he is:




2 comments:

Leslie said...

He's so cute! I love the name too.

These Three Kings said...

awwww he is sooo precious!! I am still working on kevin in letting us get a dog!! miss seeing you girly!!