Okay, I always like bad news first so I can end on a positive. Jason's back was improving as I mentioned after the 2nd injection. However, just a week or so later, he was back to square one with no physical activity to link it to. So, we decided not to get the third shot and to go with the surgery on Sept. 2nd. That is the bad news. The good news is that I am very optimistic about this surgery. It is much faster and less intrusive than the neck fusion he had last summer (June 2009). They will just shave off the bulging part of the disk. He will be able to go back to classes the next week. However, he will not be allowed to lift over 10 lbs for 8 weeks or so. Therefore, our prayer request is obviously, that the surgery would be effective!! Also, that Jason would be able to enjoy holding our tiny baby boy (who hopefully will not be over 10 lbs!) pain free when he gets here sometime in November.
On a lighter, but also important note...we are headed into the 3rd trimester. I just had my gestational diabetes test today (results should come by Monday), and regular check up and everything looks great! I absolutely LOVE feeling this little boy moving around and Jason has been able to feel him too. It is truly an amazing feeling! Most of you have seen the pics on Facebook, but I thought I'd at least log them here as well. Jason's mom, Jan helped us to paint the nursery a few weekends ago, then Jason put the crib together. Then, Mom and Dad surprise us with the matching changing table. I tried to put it together, but one piece was slightly damaged. So, I had to wait on the replacement part to come in. Well, this week it did come and Jason hid it from me and put it all together while I was gone at work. So sweet! So, here are the pictures:
 |
26 weeks
|
1 comment:
You and your bump are TOO cute!! :) Will be praying for effective surgery and quick recovery!
Post a Comment