Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Today's Visit to the Doctor

Diagnosis
Jason and I went for a follow-up visit to the doctor which involved an ultrasound to look at Baby Bintz and examine the placenta. He was just moving around with the same healthy heartbeat he has consistently had throughout the pregnancy--thank the Lord! However, the ultrasound did show that my placenta had torn slightly from the uterine wall (known as a placental abruption). If you look this up (at least at babycenter.com) it isn't encouraging. So, let me just say that he is not worried as it was a minor tear and is not affecting its (the placenta's) job at this point.
What now?
Well, he is not putting me on bed rest; however, he will if there is any more bleeding. In fact, if there is heavy bleeding, since I am 35 weeks tomorrow, he may just take me right in to delivery if the tear is severe. He is insisting that I not raise my heart rate at all and not lift more than 10 lbs. Thankfully the nursery is all set up, whew! I'm also supposed to kick back, watch movies and eat chocolate in the evenings--love this doctor! Instead, I will be kicking back, writing papers and reading for grad school.
Anyway, he is also scheduling me to come in 2 times a week for a BPP to monitor my stress, baby movement, etc. He did not feel this was absolutely necessary, but he wanted to give Jason and me peace of mind through the rest of the term. What a considerate doctor! Finally, those of you keeping track know that my due date has been Nov. 10th. He said he will not let me go a full 40 weeks. He wants to induce if I make it to 39 weeks. So, now, due date is Nov. 3! We are meeting this baby boy within a month!!!! We're thrilled!
Pray
1. Continued blessings in a healthy pregnancy and Baby Boy
2. That we cast all anxieties on the Lord who cares so much for us

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Will definately be praying for y'all Claire!! Blessings as you begin parenthood and meet your sweet little one! :)

black tag diaries said...

so exciting claire... it's so soon! will definitely keep you in our prayers!