
As many of you know, I've been leading a small group of high school girls and working alongside of our youth group at church. It has been such a blessing to be a part of this crucial time in a person's life as they search for identity and begin to realize the truth of a relationship with God. This semester we are studying through Ephesians and I am truly being blessed by the study and we've only just begun. We're learning to recognize how richly blessed we are in Christ and that we've been given everything anyone on this earth spends their lives searching for: hope, inheritance, and power! (Ephesians 1:18-21) I encourage all of you to read through Ephesians 1 and recognize the truth of your identity promised and given in Christ.
Well, part of the perks of working with senior high youth are these wonderful activities I would never choose to do on my own. (Some of which I'd never heard of or haven't done in years). Last night, I went to the church and played dodge ball with everyone (if only my students could see this!), and from there we went to an ice hockey rink where we played Broom Hockey! Can you believe this is a real sport?? You get a broom, dress in lots of layers, run on ice in your sneakers, and try to hit a ball in the goal. I certainly had no skill in this area, but everyone was very supportive in educating a southern girl how to run on ice! Here's one picture of me and 3 of the 4 girls in my small group--check out that broom!
No comments:
Post a Comment